Home Buyer's Club
It’s time to love your home.
Own a great home for less than your rent payment with down payment assistance, energy efficient homes and credit coaching.
WHAT IS THE HOME BUYER’S CLUB?
The Home Buyer’s Club is a service of the Ingham County Land Bank and Center for Financial Health to provide information and tools to potential home buyers who have less than perfect credit, have less than 20 percent down, have little or no savings and renters who are starting to think about home ownership.
WHAT CAN THE HOME BUYER’S CLUB DO FOR ME?
• Learn the home buying process
• Improve your credit
• Reduce your debt and grow your savings
• Review the benefits of buying vs. renting
• Tour affordable, newly renovated homes for sale
• Gain access to affordable financing options, down payment assistance and grants
• Link to banks, credit unions and other programs that can help you prepare financially
• Indentify local realtors, agents and lenders
As a member of the Home Buyer’s Club you’ll attend workshops, meet with housing counselors and receive personal attention to help you improve you credit scores, manage your money better, learn to save, access dollars for a down payment and ultimately, buy a home you love.
Join the Club on Facebook at facebook.com/lansinghomebuyersclub
05/20/2013: A great piece in the Michigan Banker about MSHDA down payment assistance featuring our very own Denise Keiser!